Please view below the Warranty conditions for our Joinery Products and Services.
K&D Joinery Ltd will guarantee that all wood components used will be free from defective materials or defective workmanship that would affect performance for a 30 Year Period.
Spiral Spring Balancers
All spiral balances are guaranteed for 10 years from functional failure.
All ironmongery such as hinges and handles will be warranted for 10 years to be free from functional failure.
Our sash cord is guaranteed for 10 years
Double Glazed Units
- We guarantee that the Units will be free from defects – i.e.: no moisture will leak into the air space between the panes (Misting Up) for 10 years for Standard (4mm Float /16mm 90% Argon Filled /4mm LowE) and 7 years for ‘Slim’ Units (4mm Float / 4mm or 6mm or 8mm Krypton 90% Filled / 4mm Low E)
- Condensation on the external face of the unit is due to certain atmospheric conditions and will not affect the performance of the Double-Glazed Unit (a full information sheet is available on request)
Paint / Surface Treatments
The surface treatment for fully finished joinery is warranted for 5 years for Clear Finish & 7 years for Opaque finish subject to the conditions stated by the Paint manufacturer.
Timber Frames & Sashes
- The Joinery product will be manufactured to your bespoke requirements and will provide you with the desired performance throughout its service life
- We bring to your attention the fact that the timber used in this product construction is a natural material.
- As such it will be subject to the influences of the prevailing air temperature, its movement and the degree of moisture vapour within its micro-climate. Once the goods have left our factory, these influences become beyond our control and any problems that arise will need to be investigated.
- We would respectfully draw your attention to the following:
- Any excessive moisture uptake may well lead to movement in-service and the potential for the opening of joints
- When used with light coloured paint finishes (and under certain conditions), moisture could lead to its Discoloration-particularly around the knot, heartwood and/or sapwood.
Spiral Spring Balancers
We will replace and fit defective spiral balances during first Five-year period and after this period we will replace for the customer to install.
- All ironmongery such as hinges and handles will be warranted for 10 years to be free from functional failure
- Our guarantee does not cover surfaces that have been scratched.
- We will replace & fit defective handles and catches in year one. Subsequently we will supply only for the customer to fit.
Our sash cord is guaranteed for 10 years, we will replace & faulty sash cords (subject to inspection) during the first five-year period after this period we will supply for the customer to install.
Double Glazed Units
- The double-glazed sealed units will comply with the Glass & Glazing federation visual quality standards. (a copy of which is available on request)
- Standard (4mm Float /16mm 90% Argon Filled /4mm LowE) We will replace and fit the defective sealed units during the first 5 years and after this period our obligation we will be to replace the sealed units for the customer to fit.
- ‘Slim’ Units (4mm Float / 4mm or 6mm or 8mm Krypton 90% Filled / 4mm Low E) We will replace and fit the defective sealed units during the first 3.5 years (42 Months) and after this period our obligation we will be to replace the sealed units for the customer to fit.
Paint / Surface Treatments
- The surface treatment for fully finished joinery is warranted for 5 years for Clear Finish & 7 years for Opaque finish subject to the conditions stated by the Paint manufacturer.
- This warranty covers against Blistering & flaking but excludes the natural resin and knot movement.
- Regular maintenance and inspections must be carried out on a yearly basis and must be undertaken by the customer.
- Our fully finished product will be deemed to be acceptable at time of delivery.
- Any subsequent coatings following defects after delivery has taken place will be charged for at our present rate.
- We are prepared to apply another top coat after the joinery has been installed and all other trades have been completed for a fee which will need to be agreed prior to work commencing.
Exclusions to our Guarantee
- Damage to surface finishes which occur by physical damage and abrasion.
- Damage by faulty installation, repairs, alterations, and by other trades surrounding the window frame
- Excessive cleaning or hosing down
- Joinery stored in an unventilated area before installation and areas that are not properly ventilated during the building/construction process
- Joinery used in Swimming Pool areas unless otherwise confirmed at time of manufacture
- Surface wear and tear by natural causes
- Damage caused by elements outside the control of K & D Joinery Ltd such as accident, fire, disaster or burglary
- Where the joinery has been exposed to unusual physical conditions
Our company policy is as follows;
After site the survey is completed our policy is to get all K and D Drawings that have been submitted to our clients (or their representatives) thoroughly checked and approved and “signed off” by our clients (or their representatives) After we get approval this is when the manufacturing process begins (not the date the deposit was paid or initial order was placed) and the joinery will be manufactured to those drawings. Therefore, in the rare event of any problems (not of K & D’s responsibility) K and D Joinery Ltd. will attend site to remedy the problem.
This is a practice that we have successfully adopted during the 30 years of running this business.
Essential site care practices of all new joinery products from
K & D Joinery Ltd
Joinery produced by K&D Joinery Ltd is protected by Symphony Coatings/Morrell’s factory finishing system which is water repellent, sufficiently flexible to expand and contract with the natural movement of timber, and micro porous, to allow the natural transfer of moisture vapour between joinery and the atmosphere. In storage, before installation, it is vital that the joinery must be properly protected from standing water. Whilst protecting factory finished components from mechanical damage is well recognized, it is also important to ensure that basic precautions are taken to prevent excessive changes in the moisture content of the timber. These can cause swelling or shrinkage of components, and blistering or localised failure of the surfaces.
ESSENTIAL SITE PRACTICES
- These essential site practices apply to all and any joinery manufactured by K&D Joinery Ltd. Whatever the finish or material they are manufactured from.
- Remove any airtight packaging, prior to storage, to allow free ventilation of the joinery.
- Store the joinery off the ground on suitable bearers.
- Cover to avoid dust and other contaminants. Non permeable sheeting, such as polythene must be avoided unless left sufficiently free to allow good ventilation.
- Storage areas should be well ventilated and not subject to extremes of temperature.
- Avoid unsuitable storage such as metal box containers and area open to the elements. These may be subject to condensation and very high temperatures in direct sunlight. Water can also collect in protective wrapping leading to saturation of some components.
- Adhesive tapes are sometimes used to protect edges and vulnerable areas during transport and fitting. Not all tapes are suitable and some adhesives will mark the paint surface or even cause detachment when removed. The performance of the tape should be checked before extensive use, the manufacturer’s recommendations followed, and generally the tape should be removed within 14 days of application.
- A building, which has been renovated using processes such as concreting, plastering, rendering, etc., will have a very high humidity level until dried and ventilated. If joinery is installed prior to completion of wet processes, the high residual humidity will force moisture to penetrate the joinery from the inner face, increasing the moisture content of the timber. Gentle internal heating and good ventilation of the building will greatly reduce the problem.
- Plaster and other building materials can also cause contact damage to protective coatings. If contamination occurs then remove as soon as possible with a solution of detergent and rinse with clean water.
- Ensure that any on site assembly or modifications are fully protected. This particularly applies to sill joints, glazing beads and glazing systems. Areas of unprotected end grain exposed by site modifications must be properly sealed and protected by brushing a generous coat of a recognised end grain sealer.
- Failure to implement these essential site practices will result in the cancellation of K & D Joinery’s guarantees and warranties, as they form an essential part of our quality control process and are vital to the success or failure of our products.
Registered in England No 4313110. Vat No. 788 0573 84